Monday, June 7, 2010

Rhododendron

I removed the roses and cleared the way for a rhododendron and azalea bush. There roses were in the wrong place – boggy and dark area of the garden. There was the occasional yellow flower but it just wasn’t worth the attention and care I had been giving it. When I pulled it out it was a relief and I wondered why I hadn’t done it sooner. I discovered a nice clear area that I could “green” up. I would much prefer an evergreen plant to look at rather than to wait for 6 months for some prickly stick to produce one flower. I chose a variegated leaf rhododendron as the centre piece. Nearby are nasturtiums to fill the back, bloodleaf for contrast, an azalea for winter colour and ferns at the front for more green. Pictured are the before and after shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment