Sunday, November 28, 2010

Little gardens from my travels

I went on holidays to Europe in early November and I took some snaps of how people are beautifying their surroundings with plants. I was interested in getting ideas of how they utilised small spaces. Whether it be window boxes, garden balconies, pot plants, vertical gardens or simply climbers scaling the wall, there was no stopping a keen gardener. Let me start with Italy.


This caper bush is growing from a crack of a wall amongst the ruins in the Roman Forum.


Vatican lawn outlined by giant pots. This has inspired me to grow a bay tree in a terracotta pot.


Apartment balconies of Rome brimming with plants. In the afternoon, I watched the tenants watering them after coming home from work.

Plants growing out of cracks on walls in Pisa, Italy.


Some greenery to break up the grey in Florence.


This ledge can fit the exact amount of pots of rosemary in Florence.

Window boxes in Venice guide the eyes skywards.



Venice police station is decorated with pink walls and draped with plants.

Island in Venice is famous for its colourful houses. Geraniums line this balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment