Monday, November 29, 2010

More little gardens from my travels

I love how the locals in Austria welcome the potted plants decorating the streets in preparation for the festive season. I’m not sure if it would be embraced quiet as much back in my home town. I recall driving past some recently planted trees in Melbourne that were damaged and even uprooted by the end of the week. I’m glad the youth of Austria have better things to do with their time than target defenseless plants.

AUSTRIA






Potted pine trees line this street in Innsbruck, Austria. Even the golden roof is overshadowed by the giant Christmas tree.



Potted geraniums balance on this window ledge.




SWITZERLAND
A wisteria frames this front door in Lucerne, Switzerland.




Prostrate pine softens the hard edge of the roof edge.





Moss growing on the roof of Chapel Bridge, Lucerne.


PARIS
Poulbot Restaurant, Paris



Neatly trimmed garden of Versailles




LONDON
Colourful pots of flowers at an entrance near Westminster Abbey, London.
A vertical garden near Buckingham Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment